Community College – Vacancy: President
The Board of Governors of the Anguilla Community College (ACC) is pleased to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of President. The appointment to the presidency is expected to take effect from September 2020.
About the ACC
The Anguilla Community College Act, 2009 brought Anguilla’s first national tertiary education institution into full existence 다운로드. The ACC seeks to be the first choice in Anguilla for postsecondary education, workforce training and lifelong learning.
The College Act provides for six academic divisions with the possibility for expansion. They are, namely:
- Hospitality Studies
- Food and Beverage Management & Accommodation Studies
- Technical & Vocational training
- Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Education
- Early Childhood Education, Primary Education, Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Social Sciences
- Continuing and Adult Education
- CXC CSEC, various short courses and outreach programmes
In addition to these core programmes, the College expects within the next two (2) years to house and manage Sixth Form programming for Anguilla and in the future facilitating the offering of select baccalaureate and graduate-level programmes 카라왕 다운로드.
Additional information about the college is available at http://www.acc.edu.ai.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspiring, innovative and transformational leader. The President is expected to play a leading role in the development and implementation of a compelling vision and strategic plan for strengthening academic standing, stabilizing financial health, and broadening institutional reputation, while underscoring the college’s core values, existing accomplishments, and emerging initiatives 푸른밤 다운로드. In addition, the President is expected to make staff development/training as well as succession planning a priority.
The President should possess the following attributes:-
- Proven success as an educator, scholar, and senior administrator along with an understanding of undergraduate and graduate learning and the role of professional education and economic development within a community
- Demonstrated leadership, including excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to engage in an effective, inclusive visioning and strategic planning process with specific goals and the means to achieve them.
- Demonstrated ability to be the voice and face of the ACC when interacting with its internal and external communities.
- Demonstrated ability to attract support for an educational institution from public sources, private industry, philanthropic giving and grant funding organizations 파라오 게임 다운로드.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the best of relevant business practices, including marketing, into an academic enterprise.
- A commitment to student-centered learning and devotion to access and success in all areas of student academics and activities.
- A commitment to lead the institution to continuous enhancement of the teaching and learning process through encouragement of reflection and awareness of best practices 다운로드.
- Demonstrated ability to promote research, innovation, scholarly and creative activities.
- Demonstrated exercise of fiscal discipline, appropriate resource allocation and maximization of existing resources.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, strengthen, and develop a cohesive executive management team (EMT) with the ability to advance the college.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and work effectively within a system of collaborative governance, using a consultative style and supporting professional development for faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive environment to recruit and retain a diverse and representative population of faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated personal and professional honesty, integrity and fairness, along with a commitment to foster a culture of openness, transparency and cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to address challenging issues through assimilating varied opinions and inputs and making and communicating complex decisions.
- An understanding of the opportunities that new advances in technology bring to the current and future learning environments.
- A commitment to work effectively with the Board of Governors.
The President should also possess, as a minimum, a Master’s degree from an accredited institution, together with at least ten years of experience working in a tertiary education institution, of which at least five are as a college lecturer and five as a middle level educational administrator serving as Head of a Department, Dean, or Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The following would be an asset:-
The possession of a Ph.D. degree from an accredited institution of higher education, together with at least seven years of experience working in a tertiary education institution of which at least five should be as a Senior Lecturer or Professor;
A successful tenure as President of a tertiary education institution;
A post-graduate qualification in higher education administration;
Demonstrated success in obtaining grant funding;
Contributions in critical areas of higher education including accreditation of tertiary institutions, educational policy development and advancement of college administration nationally, regionally, and globally.
The post carries an attractive compensation package.
The complete job description is available at http://www.acc.edu.ai or on request.
All applications should be sent to:-
The Chairperson Board of Governors
The Rogers Office Building
Edwin Wallace Rey Drive
Telephone: (264) 498-8395/497-2538
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Applications should be received by 13 May, 2020. The application should include:-
- A letter of interest specifically addressing the applicant’s background in relationship to qualifications described (not more than three pages).
- A current résumé (or curriculum vitae).
- Certified certificates
- The names of three professional references with each reference’s position, office or home address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers.